vivero, from the Latin vivarium: a space where new ideas are nourished and cultivated
The Vivero Digital Scholarship Student Fellowship Program is a 2-year training and mentorship program that seeks to grow the diversity of the digital liberal arts community at Grinnell and beyond. It is being launched in summer 2017 with the support of an Innovation Fund Pilot Program grant proposed by Mirzam Perez, Liz Rodrigues, and Rachel Schnepper. Current co-leads are Carolyn Herbst Lewis and Liz Rodrigues.
Vivero’s goals include:
- diversifying the content, methods, and practitioner community of digital scholarship.
- building an on-going pool of qualified student collaborators to assist faculty, students, and staff in digital liberal arts projects through training, project-based work, and mentorship
- supporting students from underrepresented groups to pursue innovative research
- expanding post-graduate employment opportunities through development of students’ digital skills, promoting opportunities for significant research with faculty members, and mentorship that will connect students with support and additional opportunities
- connecting Grinnell to the larger digital liberal arts community by supporting conference participation by fellows and their faculty mentors